The information that follows is meant to help your orthodontic experience be as painless and successful as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about your braces—during or after your treatment—please feel free to contact us or schedule an appointment at any one of our treatment locations in Milwaukee, Racine, and Brookfield. We’re here to help.
During your treatment, avoid foods that are likely to get stuck in your braces or cause damage. This includes:
- Hard foods, such as nuts, hard candy, hard granola bars, and beef jerky.
- Sticky foods, such as gum, caramels, toffees, and Tootsie Rolls.
- Crunchy foods, such as popcorn, chips, carrots, and corn chips.
- Chewy foods, such as candy bars, bagels, and taffy.
- Foods you have to bite directly into, such as corn on the cob and apples.
Eating foods like these can damage your braces and cause considerable discomfort. Instead, opt for softer foods that are easier to chew and eat, such as pastas, soft cheeses, bananas, mashed potatoes, and puddings.